Do you get hungry at night? I can’t go to sleep unless I feed my growling beast of a tummy. What to eat? Hmm…definitely not something loaded with carbs (I’m lookin at you pizza!)
How about making a wild pink salmon sandwich? Without the bread/buns? Highly loaded with protein and omega 3s minus the crazycarbs? Try out this easy recipe! Easy yet packed with nutrients!
- Trader Joe’s frozen wild pink salmon burger patty (you can use the Costco’s version too)
- Two green lettuce leaves
- A slice of Provolone cheese
- Half cut avocado
- Alfafa and clover sprouts
- 6 egg whites and 1 yolk (any amount of egg whites will do but restrict to only 1 yolk or no yolk at all)
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Hot sauce (any kind you prefer like sriracha, Tabasco or whatever)
- Extra virgin organic coconut oil
How to make it:
- Heat a little amount of coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Once heated, cook the salmon patty. Flip so each side is cooked well.
- Whisk the eggwhites and yolk in a bowl.
- In separate pan, heat a little amount of coconut oil.
- Add the cooked salmon patty into the egg mixture and pour into pan.
- Flip your “omelet” to cook it well.
- Lay out one green lettuce leaf on a layer of aluminium foil.
- Fold the omelet and place onto the green lettuce.
- Garnish with avocado, sprouts and hot sauce.
- Cover with the other lettuce leaf.
- Wrap it up with the aluminium foil so it’s easy to hold.
That’s it! Enjoy your breadless wild pink salmon sandwich!
I hope you enjoyed my Breadless wild pink salmon recipe.
Don’t forget about these important items to bring with you when you travel!